Before class preparation
- Are there constellations during the day? What about during different seasons?
- How can we tell a planet from a star in the night sky?
- BYOD for Kahoots!
In class activity
- Finish “Using Constellations”
- Finding Saturn in the constellation Leo
- “Seasonal constellations”
- Identify simple astronomical phenomena (revolution, rotation, gravitation..etc)
- Identify the names different things we can see in the night sky (stars, planets, constellations, asterisms…etc)
- Introduction to Scale of the Universe assignment
After class work
- For next class:
- What is the largest object that you can think of?
- What is the smallest object that you can think of?
- Video: Retrograde motion of Mars