The OAPT Grade 11 Physics Contest is a free physics contest for students currently attending school in Ontario, taking SPH3U.
- New: There’s now a division for grade 12 students!
- The Grade 12 division is for students who have completed SPH4U, or are currently taking SPH4U.
- The contest takes place in school on TBA during lunch
- The contest takes 60 minutes
- There will be 30 multiple choice questions
- Usually with one or two questions based on previous year’s Nobel Prize in physics, or current events in physics
- Students can use non-programmable calculators and scrap paper as required for their rough work.
- Registration page is here (Look for “The Woodlands School”)
- Once you register, you can access previous contests
- Our school finished 3rd overall last year with 11 participants
Here is a collection of previous contest questions sorted according to topic.
- Energy and Society
- Waves and Sound
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Current Events in Physics
- Nobel Prize in Physics
- Light and Optics
- Nuclear Physics
Past Contests are here (PDSB.net only)
The practice file is here to make sure your login works properly.