- Elements and compounds have specific physical and chemical properties that determine their practical uses.
- The use of elements and compounds has both positive and negative effects on society and the environment.
Earth & Space Science
- Celestial objects in the solar system and universe have specific properties that can be investigated and understood.
- Technologies developed for space exploration have practical applications on Earth.
- Space exploration has generated valuable knowledge but at enormous cost.
- Electricity is a form of energy produced from a variety of non-renewable and renewable sources.
- The production and consumption of electrical energy has social, economic, and environmental implications.
- Static and current electricity have distinct properties that determine how they are used.
- Ecosystems are dynamic and have the ability to respond to change, within limits, while maintaining their ecological balance.
- People have the responsibility to regulate their impact on the sustainability of ecosystems in order to preserve them for future generations.