Before class preparation
- What are constellations?
- How were constellations used throughout history?
- What do modern astronomers use constellations for? Is there even a need?
In class activity
- Activity: Using a Star Map, find constellations in the night sky
- Name constellations & asterisms from a given pattern
- Lesson: Using constellations
- Identify the names different things we can see in the night sky (stars, planets, constellations, asterisms…etc)
- Compare and contrast different astronomical terms
- Finding the Big Dipper, Polaris, Sirius and other stars in the night sky
After class work
- Constellations worksheet