Presentation & Performance date: TBA
This project completed individually as one of two projects to complete for the course. Students can request a classmate as their mentor (helper) as long as it’s not a reciprocal partnership.
- I can explain the physics behind the instrument I created & identify its type (string/wind…etc).
- I can effectively communicate how wave concepts (superposition/standing waves/resonance..etc.) can be applied to my instrument.
- I can measure the correct quantities in my instrument and apply my knowledge of wave equations with these measurements to play the desired notes on my instrument
- Design and create a musical instrument
- Present your process and play your instrument in class
- Physics Hypertext information on the physics of music
- The Google Slides used in class is here
- The Presentation Requirements are here
- The rubric will be posted here