Before Class Preparation:
- Read this overview of Resonance in an Air Column
- Answer Pre-Lab Questions in Google Classroom (due before class)
- What is the distance between different parts of a standing wave (nodes, anti-node) in terms of wavelength?
- Read this handout: Air Column Resonance
- Print if possible
- Identify the variables on the handout
- We’ll be working with water, so computers are not a good idea
- Download frequency apps:
In Class Activity:
- What is the goal in a science experiment?
- Resonance of standing waves
- Resonance in an air column
- Verifying the speed of sound in air
- Record your results here or scan the QR code:
After Class Work: