Before Class Preparation:
- Finish Assigned Braingenies & Self Quizzes
In Class Work:
- 15 minute group discussion
- 30 minute quiz: Application of Standing/Sound Waves
- Determine a wave’s period & frequency when given a graph of the wave.
- Calculate the frequency of a standing wave in a medium that is:
- Open at both ends
- Closed at both ends
- Open at one end
- Calculate the speed of sound from a standing wave patterns in an air column closed at one end.
- Draw a standing wave pattern for an air column or string instrument and
- Calculate frequencies/lengths of the instrument
- Describe and calculate how sound changes (frequency, wavelength, velocity) through different mediums
Take up the quiz immediately using Sage & Scribe